Tuesday, March 16

I think.

That ze blogs more than me. Hmph. Jealous. Cannot. HAH. SO HAH I ALSO WANT TO BLOG BECAUSE I WANT TO BEAT HER IN THIS NON EXISTENT COMPETITION WHICH I AM SO HYPED UP ON. I knows. I ish pure lameness. So anyway.

I was thinking the other day. Which is really weird because I don't usually think.

Dear parents of today and tomorrow,

We know you care for us. We know that you want the best for our future. We know that your past experiences have taught you things that we may not understand now, but hopefully we will understand them in the future. We know you love us. We love you too. We know that you're older hence wiser and therefore we should listen to you. We know you have been supporting us all our lives, probably until we find a job after college and universities. Which is a lot. We know you expect us to follow our siblings' path. So thank you guys anyway, we are grateful.

But this is our life. We weren't born to follow you, or anyone else's steps. We want to do our own things. We want to try things that we have never tried before, that perhaps you have never did in your life. We want to follow our dreams. We want to believe that we can succeed. Of course, there is always 'what if's playing in all our minds, but we choose to try. What is life without risk? What is life without opportunity?

Don't you think we, are like assets? Valuable assets, that is. Invest in us now, get your returns in the future. Invest in us with love, we shall return love. Invest support, and we shall return it. We encourage you to encourage us to reach for the stars, and if we fall we can always fall on the moon.

Why be forceful? Why not compromise?

I am eternally grateful to my parents. To my parents, thank you for supporting my decision, and even before I was not sure of which course to pursue, you would say "NEVERMIND! Go for A levels first. It's okay." Thank you for listening to me that the cheapest college and universities is not always the best choice. Thank you for walking with me through education fairs, even though it was really crowded and promoters keep bombarding you with leaflets and brochures. Thank you for investing in me love and support. Thank you for giving me the chance to be doing things you never got to do, like studying in overseas because you didn't have the funds. Thank you. I love you.

From,
The children of today and tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment